Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > HOW TO'S > PHOTOSHOP QUESTIONS

Notices

PHOTOSHOP QUESTIONS Been trying to figure out how to do something for a long time and just can't get it? Chances are someone here can help you.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
Adrian8355
PSC MEMBER

Adrian8355 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Adrian8355
Default The Best Approach

Ok I know that I need to start practicing tutorials....i got every tutorial on here so i can easily access it.....but i dont know where to start. Whats the approach I should take? Should I start with bumbers and where can i get front bumper kits and stuff...without having to deal with all those underdressed girl images(Im not gay...im just not into girls portraying themselves as sexual objects...in fact im angaged) anyway...yeah someone here has got to know. I have just been frying my brain on figuring out where to start. Can anyone help me? Thanks God Bless!!
Adrian8355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
GTR
Super Moderator

GTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to GTR

start small....
dont rush into big things
take your time
since your noob at choping i wouldnt advise brushing yet
try simple tuts
and for bodykits just take them off any car that you like and is at the same angle
dont take off other peoples chops tho lol

GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
Mondala

Mondala is an unknown quantity at this point

Try the contest #53 photo for example.

Try something simple like giving it a background and new rims.

Rims and parts etc can be found say with a image search, off existing car pics www.autowalls.com or our chopshop.
http://www.photoshopchop.com/chopshop
Mondala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
Adrian8355
PSC MEMBER

OK so i should start with, placing bumbers and side skirts from other vehicles first. Then once i got the hang of that, than I should go to the intermediate stuff. Ok that's what I was trying last night, but it was so difficult. Thanks Guys!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Carty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total Badass

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to Carty Send a message via Skype™ to Carty

a good way to start is lowering... the things I would practice if I were you is.... lowering, rims, paint jobs, bodykits... in that order... and when you get the hang of it, start modifying the copy paste bumpers just a little bit with brushing, and then go from there

Carty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
Adrian8355
PSC MEMBER

That'swhat i figured...right now im working on that contest subaru...i have changed the rims, lowered it...added a carbon fiber hood and intercooler...change the color...and added a vynl....i tried copy and pasting kits but i just couldnt seem to do them right
Old 06-20-2007, 11:29 PM   #7
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Carty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total Badass

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 

copy and pasting is extremely difficult to do correctly until you get painting down, and most kits need modification in order to fit

Old 06-21-2007, 07:42 AM   #8
Adrian8355
PSC MEMBER

When you say "painting" do you mean, just changing the color of the car? Or is there more to it. Also, I have learned that yes, you do have to modify the copy and paste kits. Which makes it all the more difficult. Are there certain body style that just may work better. For ex: Acura kits with Honda cars or could it work with any car? Plus the quality of the image take a role. Question, Cars like the Contest 53 Subaru, would it be best to brush a kit as oppose to caopy and paste one? It seems to work better do to it's rendered look, because it's not an actually photograph of the actual car itself. Thanks guys! That Subaru's coming along well for a total beginner!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:34 AM   #9
PSDavinci
PSC 2000 POST MEMBER

PSDavinci is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carty
a good way to start is lowering... the things I would practice if I were you is.... lowering, rims, paint jobs, bodykits... in that order... and when you get the hang of it, start modifying the copy paste bumpers just a little bit with brushing, and then go from there
^Expert advice from the expert.

Of course all of this does have some relevance to your level of expertise in Photoshop.
Its is possible to learn PS from chopping but alot of what you see posted here requires some work with the program for decent results.
My advice for noobs is practice, practice and more practice.
Dont be in a rush to learn everything at once either.
Try to hone your skills one step at a time.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #10
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 

ya.. PSDavinci has a good point... just because you can do an ok job with wheels and such doesnt mean you should rush in to the next modification... try and concentrate on one specific thing each time you chop, the first chop could be wheels, and then the second could be lowering, and by doing this, you will spend more time on it and have a better look, plus its extra practice hidden in there... and there is more to painting then just changing the color... first off, when you paint, don't desaturate first.. all that does is remove color, and that isn't what you are going for... after changing the color there are a few things that need to be done, reflections need to be replaced because reflections are not going to be solid red if you have a red car, they need to be in color, so try and redo those... also work on highlighting sections and shadowing sections... a good paintjob really offsets a good chop and a bad chop... I remember I had a chop a long time ago where my main focus was the reflections, and ya, they were WAY over done, but it helped me learn what works and what doesn't

Old 06-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #11
Adrian8355
PSC MEMBER

Ok thanks. Yeah I have been using photoshop for about four years now. I went to college, but though I never finished I still had the program and practiced it. I am very familiar with the program itself. I figured at least with that experience I know what you guys are talking about in your tutorials. Also, I begin to create things using my own techniques. Thanks for the help Guys. Hope your days are good. I Am almost done with my first chop on that SUbaru...its should be in the contest gallery later today....(took me like three days). I am a graphic designer at my job so, I like to sneak off and do some chopping on my laptop.....thats probably the most time I get lol.