Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > HOW TO'S > TUTORIALS

Notices

TUTORIALS The best place around to find some good tips and tricks from the members of PSC.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #1
hawk_196
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

hawk_196 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok guys, this is a semi-detailed tutorial on how to make your chopcar look like its moving with some extra tips and tricks.

First choose an image to chop. I chose this Mini because it's a side-on shot and they're realatively easier to work with than 3/4 angle shots. Although you can make other angle shots work, its just a little harder.
Original

Ok next, we're going to need to select the rims. I sometimes select the tire also if it has some writing or contrast to it. This one's tires are realatively dark so I didn't bother. Here's your selection.

I went ahead and duplicated the background nad copied the rim and made a copy of the rim layer. If you did as I did, you should have 4 layers: Background, Background Copy, Layer 1, Layer 1 copy. Select the bottom rim layer and go to Filter>>Blur>>Radial Blur. Use the settings shown. Make sure you keep the selection active. If you didn't keep it, Ctrl+Click on the rim layer to get it back.

You can check to make sure that it looks OK by turning the top rim layer off. Now, select the top rim layer and, again, go to Filter>>Blur>>Radial Blur. Use the settings shown.

Now, turn the opacity of the top rim layer to around 40-60% depending on the image. This will help show the spokes and add a bit of realism to the image. Instead of a frying pan, you get a spinning wheel.

Repeat those steps for the rear wheel. Now, Merge all the layers together (I would merge all 4 rim layers with the background copy because I do not like editing the background that much. I would end up with 2 layers). and make a copy of the newly-merged layer. Go to Filter>>Blur>>Motion Blur. Use the settings show here if you are editing the Mini shown. If not, you may have to adjust the angle and distance feilds to make it look good. Use your head with this.

Ok, now use a soft eraser at a low opacity to erase where you would like to have the car in focus. I chose the front. Here's a picture of the progress.

Alright, you're done! Keep in mind that cars speeding away without drivers are a bit on the un-realistic side, so if you are trying to acheive realism, make sure to add one. Either that or tint the windows so that they're real dark (not reccomended). Also, if you're planning to tint the windows, make sure you do that BEFORE you apply the motion blur, otherwise it will be very messed up. However, applying a blur of this scale on a chop is not reccomended as it hides all those awesome details you might have been working on. This is the same principal for blinding headlights.

And here's the final product.

Hope this helped.

This is a signature virus. Copy me into your signature and help me spread.
hawk_196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:43 AM   #2
hawk_196
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

hawk_196 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it has some useful stuff so could it be pinned? I'm afraid it won't get seen all the way back here.

This is a signature virus. Copy me into your signature and help me spread.
hawk_196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:04 PM   #3
tarek2kool
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

tarek2kool is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know man if that a gif or man its moving to me man like moving or maybe im jus seeing things at this moment

tarek2kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:30 AM   #4
Carty

its def useful but shouldnt be pinned IMO
Old 12-30-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
Zodi@c
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

Zodi@c is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zodi@c Send a message via Skype™ to Zodi@c

You need a driver in there..