Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > PHOTOSHOPCHOP.COM NEWS AND MORE > OFFICIAL PSC CONTEST

Notices

OFFICIAL PSC CONTEST Prior & Running contests and anything contest related.

Old 07-07-2004, 01:58 PM   #1
Splinter
PSC NOOB

Splinter is an unknown quantity at this point

I was lookin at the contest for the like 2 contests 20 n 21... n i have noticed that almost every car that was choped was either a good chop or a crapy chop that had rice on it! rice if u dont know wut it means it is found in the tunin dictionay as
Rice: any modification that is supposed to make a car look fast, when in fact it does nothing for speed, and may in fact hurt performance, or any vehicle that has been subjected to this treatment. note that any make of vehicle may be "riced". gaudy, pointless, absurd body modifications and paint schemes, annoying bees hive exhaust tips. asians are the best at "ricing" a vehicle, along with spoiled rich white high-school teenagers.! I have noticed that in every car that i see!!!. its either that or 1 part of the car is blury n than the other part of the car... i kno u think it looks good but it looks like shiat to every1 else it make the good ones stand out! seriouly i think we should ban ppl that make ban contest entrys it just looks bad for the website n the contest! so plzz dont make n crapy chops that have rice!! look at the dictionary entry like 400 times if u dont get! if not then just go here n u can find more entries of Rice! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rice&r=f

if u guys have any comments just be free to tell me! write on this forum plzz
its a serious problem

My Webpage
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:53 PM   #2
hawk_196
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

hawk_196 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes unfortunatly that's all you'll get on this site. This site is dedicated to manipulating pictures of sorts. The number one choice for everyone happens to be cars. As doing modifications along the lines of airbrushing and changing aspects of a car is a very difficult task, most peapole begin by either cutting and pasting or simple mods. What else are you going to cut and paste on a car aside from ricey stuff? Yes, you can chop a blower or intercooler in there, but most people like to change cars so that they look better than when they started with. Honestly, dude, how do you expect the majority of the choppers here to avoid rice? What do you want us to do? Imagine that it has a chevy big block in there? You don't have to like what other people do as long as you chop what you like. Don't chop rice, that's fine with me. I stay away from junky beat up cars for a good reason - if I don't like them to begin with, I probably won't like it when I'm done. Nobody's forcing you to chop an importt, but because big photos of them are so much easier to find, than say, a Jeep, they're the cars that get chopped. If you dont like it, dont look.

This is a signature virus. Copy me into your signature and help me spread.
hawk_196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:28 PM   #3
brasher

brasher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to brasher

Quote:
Originally posted by Splinter@Jul 8 2004, 03:58 AM
I was lookin at the contest for the like 2 contests 20 n 21... n i have noticed that almost every car that was choped was either a good chop or a crapy chop that had rice on it! rice if u dont know wut it means it is found in the tunin dictionay as
Rice: any modification that is supposed to make a car look fast, when in fact it does nothing for speed, and may in fact hurt performance, or any vehicle that has been subjected to this treatment. note that any make of vehicle may be "riced". gaudy, pointless, absurd body modifications and paint schemes, annoying bees hive exhaust tips. asians are the best at "ricing" a vehicle, along with spoiled rich white high-school teenagers.! I have noticed that in every car that i see!!!. its either that or 1 part of the car is blury n than the other part of the car... i kno u think it looks good but it looks like shiat to every1 else it make the good ones stand out! seriouly i think we should ban ppl that make ban contest entrys it just looks bad for the website n the contest! so plzz dont make n crapy chops that have rice!! look at the dictionary entry like 400 times if u dont get! if not then just go here n u can find more entries of Rice! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rice&r=f

if u guys have any comments just be free to tell me! write on this forum plzz
its a serious problem
yo fool

when you post a decent chop.... well see if its rice!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:57 PM   #4
Carty

haha nice brasher
Old 07-08-2004, 12:06 AM   #5
The Fighting Panda Man
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

The Fighting Panda Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to The Fighting Panda Man Send a message via MSN to The Fighting Panda Man Send a message via Yahoo to The Fighting Panda Man

Quote:
Originally posted by hawk_196@Jul 7 2004, 01:53 PM
What do you want us to do? Imagine that it has a chevy big block in there?
Well, you could chop a big block in there, but im with you all. Its not like we can add sounds to the posts sayin crap like "Thats 427 cubic inches in the beast!" Why, cuz that would be stupid. Besides the point, there are no real good pics of just engines online, and they wouldn't be that fun to chop either.

<u>WIPS</u>
Infiniti for HI battle _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
High School <span style='color:red'>_ _ _ _ _ _ _</span> _

<span style='color:green'>If you agree with my sentiment, copy this into your sig
Procrastination is not the problem, but the solution. Motivation is evil, I mean, look at who is motivated. Child molesters, terrorists, muggers and thieves, ALL VERY HIGHLY MOTIVATED! If you are motivated, you're running with the wrong crowd.

HOORAY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS! I've been offered $100,000+ from 3 schools, collectively.</span>
The Fighting Panda Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:05 AM   #6
Steve107
PSC NOOB

Steve107 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Splinter@Jul 8 2004, 03:58 AM
I was lookin at the contest for the like 2 contests 20 n 21... n i have noticed that almost every car that was choped was either a good chop or a crapy chop that had rice on it&#33; rice if u dont know wut it means it is found in the tunin dictionay as
Rice: any modification that is supposed to make a car look fast, when in fact it does nothing for speed, and may in fact hurt performance, or any vehicle that has been subjected to this treatment. note that any make of vehicle may be "riced". gaudy, pointless, absurd body modifications and paint schemes, annoying bees hive exhaust tips. asians are the best at "ricing" a vehicle, along with spoiled rich white high-school teenagers.&#33; I have noticed that in every car that i see&#33;&#33;&#33;. its either that or 1 part of the car is blury n than the other part of the car... i kno u think it looks good but it looks like shiat to every1 else it make the good ones stand out&#33; seriouly i think we should ban ppl that make ban contest entrys it just looks bad for the website n the contest&#33; so plzz dont make n crapy chops that have rice&#33;&#33; look at the dictionary entry like 400 times if u dont get&#33; if not then just go here n u can find more entries of Rice&#33; http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rice&r=f

if u guys have any comments just be free to tell me&#33; write on this forum plzz
its a serious problem
I like rice.. I eat it every day
And I&#39;m Asian from origen also...
I suppose you don&#39;t like this car made by Firefly:

But to be serious... I haven&#39;t seen a chop from you yet? Or did I miss it?
People just have to do whatever they want... if they want a 30 foot wing on the car they just have to do that... and if you want to ban people who chop rice you&#39;d better close this forum.. or at least ban most members here...
I&#39;m new to this also and the first thing you do is copy/paste wings, vents and all that into other cars... after that you begin to try brush things.. (like big riced vents and skirts :P )
I really don&#39;t know what the problem is... if you don&#39;t like it it&#39;s your opinion and respect that, but don&#39;t tell other people what to do.. and not even before you didn&#39;t show anything yourself first (unless I missed it)
And another thing... not all riced cars are slow... as I speak with experience...
I&#39;d bet if you get to choose in real life between some standard wheels and some chromed souped up wheels you&#39;ll pick the last although it won&#39;t make the car faster... or even a nice virtual tuned car over a standard white boring one although it isn&#39;t faster... but then again.. I might be mistaken...
Old 07-08-2004, 07:19 AM   #7
firefly
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

firefly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve107@Jul 8 2004, 01:05 PM

I like rice.. I eat it every day
And I&#39;m Asian from origen also...
I suppose you don&#39;t like this car made by Firefly:

lol.. I was going to make another rice mobile for splinter but I quess that is good enough for him Originally created for beattie

Current rides:
Bmw 315 -83 e21
MB 200D -95
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:37 AM   #8
hawk_196
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

hawk_196 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, I didn&#39;t think about this until now.

Some people want their car to look as fast as a dragster, yes, but some other people are interested in the way their car looks. Some people buy bodykits because they like the smooth look it gives, or maybe the aggresive look it might have. If they want to make their car look cool in their eyes, that&#39;s fine with me. Personally, I&#39;m never going to bother with bodykits or wings. Too much money for me. If I ever get a Jeep, I&#39;m going to get a specific rollcage because I like the look of it. I&#39;m going to remove the doors because I like the look of it. I&#39;ll do what I want to make the car look the way I want.

And because some of these appearance-enhancing parts cost a premium, we settle for chopping pictures. Its fun, its free, and you can chop any car you want. I&#39;ll never figure out why some people chop old 80&#39;s early 90&#39;s cars. I personally hate the look of them and if I get blessed with one to drive, I&#39;ll never do anything to make it look better. Its what I call hopeless and pointless.

This is a signature virus. Copy me into your signature and help me spread.
hawk_196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #9
Splinter
PSC NOOB

Splinter is an unknown quantity at this point

umm yes i have done a chop it this one n to every1 that ive showed it to its not rice

http://www.photoshopchop.com/Contest12/entry14.htm

let me kno if thats rice compared to that crapy honda civic i saw&#33;

My Webpage
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:05 PM   #10
The Fighting Panda Man
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

Send a message via AIM to The Fighting Panda Man Send a message via MSN to The Fighting Panda Man Send a message via Yahoo to The Fighting Panda Man

yes, thats riced. Lambo door do nothing for performance. the spoiler looks too heavy, so it couldn&#39;t put as much weight on the back wheels as could be for "performance" chops. wait, are those painted brake rotors?

<u>WIPS</u>

<span style='color:green'>If you agree with my sentiment, copy this into your sig
Procrastination is not the problem, but the solution. Motivation is evil, I mean, look at who is motivated. Child molesters, terrorists, muggers and thieves, ALL VERY HIGHLY MOTIVATED! If you are motivated, you're running with the wrong crowd.

HOORAY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS! I've been offered $100,000+ from 3 schools, collectively.</span>
Old 07-08-2004, 03:16 PM   #11
loserasswipe

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fighting Panda Man@Jul 8 2004, 02:05 PM
yes, thats riced. Lambo door do nothing for performance. the spoiler looks light(weight), so it couldn&#39;t put too much weight on the back wheels. are those painted brake rotors?
you dont get a heavy spoiler fool...you get a light one it has to do with wind passing through that gives downforce not how heavy the ****** spoiler is...
Old 07-08-2004, 04:26 PM   #12
firefly
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

firefly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Splinter@Jul 8 2004, 08:04 PM
let me kno if thats rice compared to that crapy honda civic i saw&#33;
your chop is riced out benz :blink: shame on you :P and I made that Uncle bens sponsored civic only for your kinds :P "rice" haters....

Current rides:
Bmw 315 -83 e21
MB 200D -95
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 11:55 AM   #13
brian_is_metal
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

brian_is_metal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by civikid+Jul 8 2004, 02:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (civikid @ Jul 8 2004, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Fighting Panda Man@Jul 8 2004, 02:05 PM
yes, thats riced. Lambo door do nothing for performance. the spoiler looks light(weight), so it couldn&#39;t put too much weight on the back wheels. are those painted brake rotors?
you dont get a heavy spoiler fool...you get a light one it has to do with wind passing through that gives downforce not how heavy the ****** spoiler is... [/b][/quote]
Downforce is for rear wheel drive cars. If you put downforce on a front wheel drive car, you&#39;re defeating your purpose.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:41 PM   #14
suprachopper1128
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

suprachopper1128 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by brian_is_metal+Jul 10 2004, 09:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian_is_metal &#064; Jul 10 2004, 09:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by civikid@Jul 8 2004, 02:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-The Fighting Panda Man
Quote:
@Jul 8 2004, 02:05 PM

you dont get a heavy spoiler fool...you get a light one it has to do with wind passing through that gives downforce not how heavy the ****** spoiler is...
Downforce is for rear wheel drive cars. If you put downforce on a front wheel drive car, you&#39;re defeating your purpose. [/b][/quote]
do you seriously think that? cause that&#39;s one of the dumbest things i&#39;ve ever heard. downforce can be applied to any car, and is used to keep the car on the ground at highspeeds, mainly through corners. it doesn&#39;t matter if it&#39;s fwd, or rwd.

btw, are you brian_F88is by any chance, cause he kinda said stupid stuff like this too, and your names are pretty similar.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:39 PM   #15
Sha$XL
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

Sha$XL is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by suprachopper1128+Jul 10 2004, 02:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (suprachopper1128 @ Jul 10 2004, 02:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by brian_is_metal@Jul 10 2004, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by civikid@Jul 8 2004, 02:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-The Fighting Panda Man
Quote:
Quote:
@Jul 8 2004, 02:05 PM

Downforce is for rear wheel drive cars. If you put downforce on a front wheel drive car, you&#39;re defeating your purpose.
do you seriously think that? cause that&#39;s one of the dumbest things i&#39;ve ever heard. downforce can be applied to any car, and is used to keep the car on the ground at highspeeds, mainly through corners. it doesn&#39;t matter if it&#39;s fwd, or rwd.

btw, are you brian_F88is by any chance, cause he kinda said stupid stuff like this too, and your names are pretty similar. [/b][/quote]
yea but the downforce is applied to the rear wheels causing the front to lift. you want the front to stay down on a FWD cause those are the drive wheels, and the purpose is to get the most traction to those. with the real FWD race cars (not like the 2F2F piece of shits) none of them have rear spoilers. and thats why not too many pro dragsters like to drive FWD&#39;s because they go against the proper physichs of drag racing (if you dont know what i mean i&#39;ll explain it further)

Quote:
You know how many birthday's there are a year?... hundreds, literally hundreds.
Sha$XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 04:00 PM   #16
suprachopper1128
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

suprachopper1128 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, but he was saying no downforce at all is applied to fwd cars. what i meant was that with fwd cars, they can use front lip spoilers to apply downforce to the front. looking over my last post, i realized i forgot to explain what i meant.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:57 PM   #17
rickysals
Super Moderator

rickysals is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rickysals

this is stupid.

who cares if it&#39;s rice, I don&#39;t care. Not everyone wants or needs 350 horsepower. I am buying an eclipse, non turbo, slow and fat eclipse spyder, and gonna make it look nice as I see fit. I don&#39;t care that someone can outrun me... dont care. I can&#39;t afford 12 MPG you will get out of an engine that is turbocharged to the max and driven like a race car. Can&#39;t afford it. Don&#39;t want it.

I just want a car that gets me from A-B in some style, and it does it for me. You wanna call it rice, who cares, rice is not a deroggatory term to me, just a word for visual mods which I like.

This really gets me pissed off when people think cars are ONLY for racing. Sure, if you have the money or rich daddy&#39;s to have more than one car, sure, make it fast like a toy... more power to ya&#33; I have the money for one and only one car that has to survive real winters, get me thru 15,000 miles a year reliably, and save me some money on these outrageous gas prices... all of those mean I can&#39;t drive a Mustang, Camaro, etc... (those cars suck IMO anyways, but that&#39;s another thread...) so a FWD japanese car is exactly what I need, and they tend to look boring stock, so I may want something more exciting = more visual stuff. Don&#39;t like it?? ...... remind me to give a shiat.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:25 PM   #18
Chopsta
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

Chopsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by bigrick@Jul 10 2004, 09:57 PM
this is stupid.

who cares if it&#39;s rice, I don&#39;t care. Not everyone wants or needs 350 horsepower. I am buying an eclipse, non turbo, slow and fat eclipse spyder, and gonna make it look nice as I see fit. I don&#39;t care that someone can outrun me... dont care. I can&#39;t afford 12 MPG you will get out of an engine that is turbocharged to the max and driven like a race car. Can&#39;t afford it. Don&#39;t want it.

I just want a car that gets me from A-B in some style, and it does it for me. You wanna call it rice, who cares, rice is not a deroggatory term to me, just a word for visual mods which I like.

This really gets me pissed off when people think cars are ONLY for racing. Sure, if you have the money or rich daddy&#39;s to have more than one car, sure, make it fast like a toy... more power to ya&#33; I have the money for one and only one car that has to survive real winters, get me thru 15,000 miles a year reliably, and save me some money on these outrageous gas prices... all of those mean I can&#39;t drive a Mustang, Camaro, etc... (those cars suck IMO anyways, but that&#39;s another thread...) so a FWD japanese car is exactly what I need, and they tend to look boring stock, so I may want something more exciting = more visual stuff. Don&#39;t like it?? ...... remind me to give a shiat.
thats exactly how i feel and i keep telling people this.. i wouldnt mind having rice (im 15) and i plan on getting rice when im older onto my car, jus nowhere near outragious as those civic&#39;s with front kits that stick out 3 feet... but as bigrick said, japanese cars are great just to buy one and fix it up a lil put in maybe 5-10 k on it.. just to make it nice and attracted the ladies..
i dont know what kind of car i want but i plan on riciing it out&#33;&#33;
exhaust (not to loud)
wing
rims
full body kit
simple system (deck, amp and a sub)
maybe a custom paint job (&#036;&#036;&#036
and no one harass me on this one, but maybe some alteezas
Old 07-11-2004, 01:11 PM   #19
Uncrules05
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

Uncrules05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont see why people ***** about rice. Its not your car, so why does it matter? I give props to people who&#39;d rather put &#036;20,000 in a &#036;10,000 car and have it look different that a car that you see tons of people driving. Sure it may not be as fast or as luxurious as the more expensive car, but you know that no one else on the road has the same car as you.

I get more chica&#39;s( ) in my modded BMW, than anyone in an &#036;50,000 stock SUV or any car in the pricerange that i paid for my car and the price of my mods. Hell, its not where close to an older mustang with the same amount of money put into it, but my car is fast enough for me.

Sure, japanese cars may not be as fast or have the power that detroit muscle does. But why dont you ***** about the company&#39;s that "rice" out the domestic cars. Just look at the many company&#39;s that do it. Hennessey for Vipers, Saleen/Roush for mustangs, and the tons of companys modifying &#39;vettes. They&#39;re changing the appearance of the cars with bodykits, rims, and whatnot.
Uncrules05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:53 AM   #20
The Fighting Panda Man
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

I agree completely, but the guy was sayin that all he ever sees is rice. someone asked if hes ever chopped, he posted it, and . but this post is gettin pretty pointless.

<u>WIPS</u>