Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > HOW TO'S > PHOTOSHOP QUESTIONS

Notices

PHOTOSHOP QUESTIONS Been trying to figure out how to do something for a long time and just can't get it? Chances are someone here can help you.

Old 04-12-2003, 12:14 AM   #1
jtran
PSC NOOB

jtran is an unknown quantity at this point

Im trying to take a pic of a car and add it to a background and to make the picture look realistic I would like to know how to create a reflected look of the background onto the car. Kinda like this: The palm leaf reflections on the window give the picture and added flare of realism .. How can I achieve this?
jtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 12:50 AM   #2
-GS-
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

-GS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -GS-

if you can post the picture your tryin to transfer it onto.....it would help out......because it essentially depends on the background to decide how hard it is............................................

tell me if this works though................

cut around the interior.....like if you see sumthin like maybe the seats then cut the windsheild out around them.......then select where the windshield was and make a new layer then fill it with black..........then lower the opacity realy low....................then go back onto the first layer with the interior...........on that layer just change the level (CTRL-L) and mess around with it......................that might work...........if not then just post up the picture.........
Old 04-13-2003, 04:32 AM   #3
pimped3point3
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

pimped3point3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to pimped3point3 Send a message via AIM to pimped3point3 Send a message via MSN to pimped3point3

This would only work on PS7, but try making a new layer from background and using the healing brush on the new layer. After you get all the reflections you want in place, turn down the opacity until it looks right. This is assuming you know how to use the healing brush.

<span style='font-family:Optima'> :: I am Pentium of Borg. Precision is Futile, Prepare to be Approximated ::</span>
pimped3point3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 06:30 PM   #4
Chuggernaut
PSC NOOB

Chuggernaut is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Chuggernaut

I haven&#39;t done too much with regards to reflections as of yet, so please tell me if this train of thought would be unreasonable...

I&#39;d try copying the area to be reflected onto a new layer, mirror it, and then adjust the transparency so that I can see the car beneath. From there, I&#39;d select an area that overlaps part of the car that has a different contour, image > adjust > free transform, then right click and distort or skew to make it look like the reflection is following the bodyline.

Would that work?? <_<

BTW -- I&#39;m using PS6, so I don&#39;t know about the heal tool.
Chuggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 10:38 PM   #5
-GS-
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

-GS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -GS-

chuggernaut it could work, its just it would depend on the darkness and all the factors of the reflection......
Old 06-04-2003, 08:00 PM   #6
Tribalvision
PSC NOOB

Tribalvision is an unknown quantity at this point

this is a good question. I havent tried it yet either. But couldnt you copy the windshield or glass to a new layer, then copy part of the tree banches to another layer. drag the branches over the window and rotate till they look real. then lower the opacity some and use the mirror style on the glass.. just an idea..
Tribalvision is offline   Reply With Quote