Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > MEMBERS FORUM > MEMBERS RIDE'S

Notices

MEMBERS RIDE'S Post pics of your ride in this forum.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
GhostPilot
PSC MEMBER

GhostPilot is on a distinguished road
Default MKII Wolfsburg Jetta

I seen this thing for sale about a week ago and instantly fell in love. Where it was forsale was about 4 hours away from me so after a couple of days talking to the guy we made a deal. Its a 91 VW Jetta Wolfburg Edition with a 1.8 and 5 speed. It has larger injectors, Garrett rear mount turbo, Msd ignition, and various other things. I traded my DD for it and a couple hundred boot. Its got a bad seal in the turbo and Ive got a rebuild kit for that and It needs a clutch put in, which is in the back seat. It also came with a set of coilovers that I'm debating on putting on or not. Its been painted what I belive to be Hugger Blue the same color as the 2010 Mustang's. The car seems to run great other than burning oil through the turbo and the clutch slipping under boost, but I should be able to see what shes really got next week after fixing it. Ive always been a diehard American V8 person owning nothing but GM except for when I wanted t be the first person in my area to have a Hemi Ram, but thats another story. I guess I'm now the very proud owner of a VW. I've already got plans of finding a VR6 and having it worked over and look at the faces when this lil sleeper comes alive.

NAOW HDR TIME (not good photos and will update later when I go out for a shoot, my yard isnt a good area for quality photos)

Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
AzZzA
Mike's B!tch

AzZzA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AzZzA Send a message via Skype™ to AzZzA

That Car is Hardcore Bro im loving it! but i just dont like the Metal Bars on top lol Imo anyway gawjush colour too !
Old 11-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
freddy ov s13
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

freddy ov s13 is on a distinguished road

quite a few euro cars put the bars on the top
Old 11-13-2009, 02:54 AM   #4
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

Mike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is Eurotastic
Send a message via AIM to Mike Minnillo

its called a roof rack. and great looking car. id like to see pics of the engine, though. i think you should pick up some coil overs for that. and maybe drop down to some slightly smaller wheels. almost looks like a donk. and swapping out that 1.8 for a VR6 is not a bad idea at all, though that comes at the penalty of extra weight. i can say from experience that MKIIs love VR6 engines, even with very few engine mods.

if youre interested in the same brand for coils that ive got, heres a link to the exact ones that youll want. nevermind that it says for MKII golf, the suspension setup is the same.

http://www.racelandus.com/p-57-racel...sat-b3-b4.aspx
Mike Minnillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #5
IgorDesign
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

IgorDesign is on a distinguished road

Nice ride bro.
I did one of these while ago. I actually did MK1 Jetta but with MK2 Jetta bumpers.
Anyway check it out. Maybe some ideas come to you.
http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/s...t=hawaii+style
Old 11-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
GhostPilot
PSC MEMBER

Thanks guys. It's got 15's on it and I'm not a fan of stretch, but thats just me. After I lower it I'll decide what to do on wheels. Right now I'm thinking of powdercoating the ones on it black with a color matched lip. As far as the VR6 goes it won't be anywhere near stock. I'll be shooting for 350whp with boost.

Heres a picture of the engine and trunk. Ive also made a cover for the hole in the trunk cause I live down gravel and dust was getting everywhere and it also hides the turbo. The maf and air filter is still in the trunk. I'm sure that will confuse people.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:39 AM   #7
GhostPilot
PSC MEMBER

Well, I just rebuilt the turbo. Huge fail. I put it back on and drove it down the road and got home and went to the back to check it. What do you know, its leaking oil just like before. I came to the conclusion that the impeller shaft is slightly wore and leaking through it on the exhaust side. I've decided to just buy a new turbo and be done with it. I found one locally for 125 cause the guy is just trying to get rid of it. I'll be switching from a .42ar to a .63ar, but still running 5psi. It just makes me mad that I wasted 5 hours of my life on it. Oh well, atleast I know how to rebuilt one now. It was way easier than I thought.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

Mike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is Eurotastic

i think the first issue is running a rear mounted turbo setup. it causes issues because it makes for such a long way for the air and oil lines to travel. you may want to either go with a better turbo setup, or save yourself some money and convert back to N/A until you do the VR swap.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
GhostPilot
PSC MEMBER

I think the main issue was that is was an older rebuilt turbo to begin with. Found that out when I disassembled it. The oil lines have a pump so it isnt trying to just work off of the engine oil pressure. I'm going to stick with this till I do the swap then I will probably have a nice front mount setup.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
xoombee
PSC PRO MEMBER

xoombee is on a distinguished road

what you guys talking is like and i am
anyway, nice car!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #11
GhostPilot
PSC MEMBER

Lol, It's simple car talk. Thanks for the compliment. I'm happy cause it supposed to be the only rearmount turbo car like this in the world or first or something idk and its the only MKII around here.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #12
GhostPilot
PSC MEMBER

I finally got a new turbo and got it installed about 30 minutes ago. I thought I had a T3 on my car but it was a T4. I swapped from that to a .63 T3/T4. Now I just need to get the clutch for frankenjetta. I'll leave you guys with a photo I did for a contest. The theme was reflections, I'll leave it up to you to figure it out.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 AM   #13
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

i dont see a VR6. get a VR soon or im closing this thread
Old 12-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #14
GhostPilot
PSC MEMBER

lol. There isn't going to be a VR6 for a while. I don't have a job atm, but I had an offer to do what I was doing before. If thats the case, the car is going to a shop and not leaving till it gets completly redone. Inside, outside, engine/tranny, suspention. You get the idea. I'll probably have it put the car on the dyno and see what kind of power the 8v engine makes before it goes poof from boost.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #15
GhostPilot
PSC MEMBER

I got it out before it rained for some HDR's so I did't get rusty on them. Its a combination of 18 photos at different exposures ranging from 2 seconds to 1/2500. I layered them together in Photomatix. Also the smaller picture is what it will look like in a couple of weeks, painted bumbers and lowered.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #16
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

looks great. any way you could do a tutorial on doing HDRs?