Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > HOW TO'S > TUTORIALS

Notices

TUTORIALS The best place around to find some good tips and tricks from the members of PSC.

Old 03-07-2004, 11:00 AM   #1
judo_CHOP
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

judo_CHOP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to judo_CHOP

i have been trying this for a wile put it doesnt come out right.

could somone plz help me!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:40 AM   #2
joemomma95
Me love you long time

joemomma95 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Net Nazi 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to joemomma95

Never done it but it should be pretty simple. Try to follow me..

-find seats at the same angle as your chop
-copy and paste them into your chop, should be opened to a new layer
-erase all parts of the seats that wouldn't be seen
-use a brush set at a low opacity*(usually works best using a white shade) and brush over the seats as to match the reflections on the windows
*if you use a low opacity in your brush settings then you can do a little bit at a time in order to get them to look faded enough to match the rest of the interior

It may be necessary to merge layers after this and continue with the following steps if there is heavy reflection on the windows
-make a selection around the windows that you want to re-reflect(the ones where the seat are shown through)
-look at your original picture, try to figure out where the original reflections were on the windows
-use the same process as above(the low opacity brushing) for redoing reflections on the windows

It's not easy to put things in the interior of a car that aren't already there but it can be accomplished with a little bit of practice. This might be my first Tutorial, thanks for the idea and look for it in the future...

[/CENTER]

Carty was here
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #3
Sha$XL
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

Sha$XL is an unknown quantity at this point

ah, a common question....

i think i figured out a very easy and effective way though...

-get a pic of a seat at same angle of car.
-delete parts of the seat that arent in the windshield
-go to the layers pallette and next to the seat layer click the eyeball so its visibility goes away.
-Now switch to the background layer and go to IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>HUE/SATURATION. in there, go to the saturation slider and move it all the way to the right. hit 'OK'
-Look at the windshied and see what color it tinted (usually tints light blue, red, or orange sometimes) lets just say it tinted blue for now.
- Go to EDIT>STEP BACKWARD
- go back to the layer pallete and click on the seat layer so it re-appears
-go to IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST. turn the brightness up to around +50 and turn the contrast down to around -25
- now got to IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>COLOR BALANCE. remember the color that the windshield tinted before? we'll be using that to help us here. if it tinted blue then move to top slider into the cyan side and bottom slider into the blue side. the cyan side should be around -7 and and blue around +12.
-it should look like the seat is behind the winshield

**this method could be use for anything that needs to be placed behind the windshield. seats, wings, you name it!!!**

this method will work about 95% of the time, if you have any more advandce questions PM me.

Quote:
You know how many birthday's there are a year?... hundreds, literally hundreds.
Sha$XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:19 PM   #4
rickysals
Super Moderator

rickysals is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rickysals

I do my seats differently from everyone I see... they usually work OK though, maybe I'll make a little tut.

here's the seat I put in the Z... i usually get compliments on them.

These were done by:
-Finding seats (hardest part)
-Cutting out the seat from whatever picture you find it in... I usually use the same Sparco seat, just change color/accessories.
-I fit the entire seat overtop of the car, trying to imagine how they would fit in the car...to give me a measuer of how big they should be... when positioning, remember the new seats will be where the old seats are, so they should roughly cover the old seat headrest
-Now that the seats are ontop of the car, and look completely weird... I turn that layer off and use lasso tool to select anything that will obstruct the view of the seats... like the car (duh), mirrors, inside mirrors, steering wheel, dashboard, solid tinting on windshield, etc... Then I turn the layer back on and "Select>Inverse" then delete. It should leav you with the visible parts of each seat.
-Now I create a new layer and put it ontop of the seats. Name it "OVERLAY" or soemthing. Now using the selection tool, I would select one or two colors that are some of the lightest colors. Now hit CTRL+the seat layer to get the selection of the seats. Now using that selection, fill your overlay layer with that color/s.
-Now that the seats still look weird, lower the opacity of the overlay layer. Mine usually go to about 65-85%...depending on what looks good.
-Well... pretty much done. It is possible their is a dark line around the whole seat, and this is because of how photoshop does it's edges when filling in an area, it can go a little short. If the dark edges appear, just make the selection of your seats like before... then fill the overlay layer 2-3 times again over top each other... this sort of forces the 'paint' to the edges so you cover the seat... do no more than 3 times though, or you will get a very sharp edge which will also look bad.

Hope this helps... You can use it for anything, rollcage, people, spoilers...etc...
Old 03-10-2004, 04:11 PM   #5
GaZ
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

GaZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to GaZ

cheers rick il have to give that a go very helpful
Old 03-10-2004, 07:27 PM   #6
joemomma95
Me love you long time

joemomma95 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Net Nazi 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to joemomma95

I'll have a tutorial up tonight on my method, almost the same as bigricks but I didn't use the overlay layer thing, might've helped. Anyway, look for it...

[/CENTER]

Carty was here
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote