Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > PHOTOSHOPCHOP.COM NEWS AND MORE > OFFICIAL PSC CONTEST

Notices

OFFICIAL PSC CONTEST Prior & Running contests and anything contest related.

View Poll Results: No question avaiable to import.
vote 34 62.96%
moderators/admin choose winners 20 37.04%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2004, 12:02 AM   #1
EGainer
PSC PRO MEMBER

EGainer is an unknown quantity at this point

i think we should go back to the old voting style of choosing, personally i think the moderators aren't choosing the best ones. if you go back and look at the top few for the last 5 or 6 contests, you see there are others that should have won compared to what did.

im not doubting the moderators and administrators skills, i just think allowing votes would be a much better way of choosing the winners...

just require that the email consist of....
Username, and your 2 votes.... only voting once for each choice....

I don't see how that can be messed up.....

only problem i see is that sometimes entries are copied, i see the same entry 2wice in the entries section. if you remove the duplicates, then that would allow people to win fairly
EGainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:36 PM   #2
00StangGT
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

00StangGT is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 00StangGT

the mods pick better ones then the ricy crap that got picked by the polls :shrug:
Old 04-13-2004, 10:00 PM   #3
xyz
PSC NOOB

xyz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xyz

I think that the board members should vot becuz when the modsmake the decision its just there opininon on what they think is the best .... but when the board members vote it has everyones opinion...jus my 2 cents
Old 04-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #4
rednteg
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

rednteg is an unknown quantity at this point

well the reason that we pick the winners is the fact of ....well cheating.... but i think a poll would be cool or email votes but thats up to Mr Wilde...he is the man and if likes it like this i think its cool with me
Old 04-13-2004, 10:40 PM   #5
rickysals
Super Moderator

rickysals is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rickysals

I have mixed feelings on the matter... I do feel in the last 2 contests I have entered I should have been one spot higher... but that&#39;s just me and my competitiveness coming out, I am very competitive h34r:

It sort of leaves it to a few people to judge, and that can be bad if their tastes get in the way,

And never has there really been a guideline to follow for any contest...
-every contest is to do whatever you want, not following a certain idea... you will have a bunch of different ideas and plans, and it leaves judging up in the air. How do you judge...based on what? overall idea, regardless of quality, overall precise quality, lacking ideas, the rice-iest, the race-iest, the most unique?? who&#39;s to say?

I wouldn&#39;t mind seeing a list of objectives for a competition, and whoever completes and surpasses the list with utmost QUALITY (because I believe it takes more skill to make something look like a photograph, rather than a cartoony good idea)....... but thats just my 2 cents.

So I wouldn&#39;t mind seeing voting go like digimods does it. In order to vote, you have to be a member and post in a thread on the boards... "I vote for _________ because __________." and the reason not be "because I like it best". Something to think about.

Judging has it&#39;s perks too, it&#39;s consistent, there is no cheating involved, although sometimes I would like to know WHY a certain pic was chosen, and why one wasn&#39;t... but that&#39;s alot of work, and I dunno if they are willing to do it...

blah..... I am rambling, I have mixed opinions on it, but oh well... I don&#39;t own this place, just a low-ly member, so I can just throw my 2 cents out there and hope someone agrees
Old 04-13-2004, 11:10 PM   #6
joemomma95
Me love you long time

joemomma95 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Net Nazi 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to joemomma95

Quote:
Originally posted by rednteg@Apr 13 2004, 09:27 PM
well the reason that we pick the winners is the fact of ....well cheating.... but i think a poll would be cool or email votes but thats up to Mr Wilde...he is the man and if likes it like this i think its cool with me
EXACTLY, if there&#39;s a way to cheat someone will find it. It&#39;s happened in other polls before and it could very easily happen in a contest poll. Especially since the site, forum and contest have grown so much lately...alot more people to try to figure out how to beat the system.

E-mail voting would be the same thing I think, people can have multiple E-mail accounts and would be able to vote more than once.

bigrick&#39;s suggestion on the thread voting would work better than anything. I&#39;ve seen it in action on Digimods and it works good. I can&#39;t see many problems with that, you&#39;d have to be a member to vote and everyone would be able to tell if all newbs were voting for the same one(low post count).

Personally, I think public voting would probably suck worse than the admin and mods picking. It&#39;s common knowledge that every battle poll or vote always ends up with the riceyest chop winning. People don&#39;t want to come out and say it but they prefer rice, alot of people don&#39;t look at details and how much effort could&#39;ve went into putting a chop together. They look at what looks "cool" and vote for that......

.....if you can do good carbon fiber, put a bodykit and bumper on straight, lower the car decent amd put some stickers on it that look real IT WILL WIN. jmo

[/CENTER]

Carty was here
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:20 PM   #7
rickysals
Super Moderator

So true about what "looks cool" as opposed to which has the most skill involved... The same reasoning goes into why every 14 year old kid has a Lambo or Ferrari on their wall...
Old 04-14-2004, 12:03 AM   #8
hynt
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

hynt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hynt

i think that voting the digimods way would be good

and ps rick i think u should have won that last contest
hynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 02:32 AM   #9
EGainer
PSC PRO MEMBER

Quote:
Originally posted by joemomma95@Apr 13 2004, 10:10 PM
E-mail voting would be the same thing I think, people can have multiple E-mail accounts and would be able to vote more than once.
when using email accounts, do as i said. the email includes the username, which means you will know who they are voting for. and im sure that even if you have one or two people cheating and using two usernames, that would only add one or two votes to the total. by tallying up the total votes per chop, then posting the number next to the chop in the end, people would know how many votes they got. you could post votes for the top 10, and have 3 winners. that way people would know how close they were to being in the top 3, etc.

photoshopjunkie did the email voting thing, and i remember it working well. the riciest chops didnt win, the best ones did. people overall know a good chop, and can vote reasonably. from pj i dont ever remember ricey chops winning, i remember them all being really good....

in order to vote, you must send an email to VOTES@photoshopchop.com, include CONTEST 20 in the subject, then your username, and your two votes in the text....

Don&#39;t specify what you must do to the car in the contest, how it is is good, it lets people be free to mod or change how they see. if they change too much people wont agree with it being a good chop of the original, and they wont vote for it.

only thing this does is make the voting time take longer to choose winners. i say have 3 days of voting after the contest ends. then the mods can have time to tally it up, then post the results.....

this of course, is all just my opinion

EDIT: i also think rick should have won last contest

Last edited by EGainer at Apr 14 2004, 01:32 AM
Old 04-14-2004, 09:06 AM   #10
rednteg
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

rednteg is an unknown quantity at this point

rick as a mod you can vote remember...lol... anyways ...i like the way digimods does the voting burt then you have several new members arrive and vote and thats the only post...ummm...yeah really they is no way to make this truely fair...i like ricks idea on certain critera though....i think it will be a better contest if that happens
Old 04-18-2004, 04:20 AM   #11
dreamv2.0
3000 AND CLIMBING

dreamv2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dreamv2.0 Send a message via MSN to dreamv2.0

how about this new members have to gain the right to vote
say mr wilde creates a certain forum just for voting and you have to be at least a veteran to vote or enter

Last edited by nogod666 at Apr 18 2004, 03:22 AM
dreamv2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:25 PM   #12
rickysals
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by rednteg@Apr 14 2004, 08:06 AM
rick as a mod you can vote remember...lol... anyways ...i like the way digimods does the voting burt then you have several new members arrive and vote and thats the only post...ummm...yeah really they is no way to make this truely fair...i like ricks idea on certain critera though....i think it will be a better contest if that happens
how do i vote as a mod? I dont know how to do any of the mod stuff, jut how to run the featured chop stuff, LOL
Old 04-18-2004, 07:59 PM   #13
EGainer
PSC PRO MEMBER

Quote:
Originally posted by nogod666@Apr 18 2004, 03:20 AM
say mr wilde creates a certain forum just for voting and you have to be at least a veteran to vote or enter
i think this is a bad idea... now you will lower the amount of people visiting the site, bc i came here to chop first, not to talk in forums. forums came after i saw the contest. if you restrict who can ENTER the contests, its gonna be 10 chops to choose from.....

and this thing about noobs not being able to vote??? what is that? why do you guys think bc someone is new to this site, that they do not have artistic knowledge. i came to this site recently but i probably knew more about photoshop and art than many people on here....

even a noob, can look at a set of photos and give their opinion of what looks the best. that&#39;s why it is OPINION, their opinions may differ from those of others. and if they think the RICiest car is the best looking, than there&#39;s a vote for that chop. unless the contest is to make the most REAL looking image, then i think how real it looks doesnt matter. yes that is a common factor in most of our thinking, but if someone turns it into a cartooned pic... or adds a lot of brushwork and it looks kinda comical, it may still win bc of the design and execution, not just the reality of it

this is just my opinion... i dont see what was wrong with how photoshopjunkie did it with the email voting.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:45 PM   #14
rickysals
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by EGainer+Apr 18 2004, 06:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EGainer @ Apr 18 2004, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--nogod666@Apr 18 2004, 03:20 AM
i think this is a bad idea... now you will lower the amount of people visiting the site, bc i came here to chop first, not to talk in forums. forums came after i saw the contest. if you restrict who can ENTER the contests, its gonna be 10 chops to choose from.....

and this thing about noobs not being able to vote??? what is that? why do you guys think bc someone is new to this site, that they do not have artistic knowledge. i came to this site recently but i probably knew more about photoshop and art than many people on here....

even a noob, can look at a set of photos and give their opinion of what looks the best. that&#39;s why it is OPINION, their opinions may differ from those of others. and if they think the RICiest car is the best looking, than there&#39;s a vote for that chop. unless the contest is to make the most REAL looking image, then i think how real it looks doesnt matter. yes that is a common factor in most of our thinking, but if someone turns it into a cartooned pic... or adds a lot of brushwork and it looks kinda comical, it may still win bc of the design and execution, not just the reality of it

this is just my opinion... i dont see what was wrong with how photoshopjunkie did it with the email voting.[/b][/quote]
the reason no noobs would vote if we had voting on here... is because some people can create alternate accounts and vote 4-5 times for their own chops...

it&#39;s not because we don&#39;t like the noobs... this site is probably one of the friendliest towards noobs... we love em&#33; lol

it&#39;s for cheating&#39;s sake, not because we don&#39;t respect noobs opinions.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:53 PM   #15
Mondala

Mondala is an unknown quantity at this point

perhaps a middle way can be found.

either

1) expand the moderators voting to rather the moderators plus 10 to 30 other guys that are active and know what a good chop is. so that we have a group of 20 to 40 guys with solid opinions voting on the winner

2)combination 5 to 10 selected judges by wilde and a vote system that we program into the website, trackin ip&#39;s and geography, etc. where the 5 to 10 or 20 judges will give there vote as usual then compare to polls, and then review one last time then finalize their choices.

?

any other ideas?
Mondala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:36 AM   #16
EGainer
PSC PRO MEMBER

Quote:
Originally posted by bigrick+Apr 18 2004, 07:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigrick @ Apr 18 2004, 07:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -EGainer@Apr 18 2004, 06:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--nogod666
Quote:
@Apr 18 2004, 03:20 AM

this is just my opinion... i dont see what was wrong with how photoshopjunkie did it with the email voting.
the reason no noobs would vote if we had voting on here... is because some people can create alternate accounts and vote 4-5 times for their own chops...

it&#39;s not because we don&#39;t like the noobs... this site is probably one of the friendliest towards noobs... we love em&#33; lol

it&#39;s for cheating&#39;s sake, not because we don&#39;t respect noobs opinions.[/b][/quote]
oooooooooooooo gotcha, i see what you mean. well don&#39;t make it veterans... just make it 100 posts or more or something, or that you have to apply to be a voter... what about that????
Old 04-21-2004, 03:56 PM   #17
t0tal
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

t0tal is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn&#39;t read trough the whole chain, but I would suggest something like this: maybe the moderators pick up something like 10 best chops, and then make a poll out of them.. This is how both will be happy :P
Old 04-26-2004, 06:44 AM   #18
krazyboris
PSC NOOB

krazyboris is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just like to say that people downing on "Ricey" cars, saying that it is the reason they get voted for, annoy me. Now, dont flame me, but i personelly "Rice" most of my auto chops, but that dosent mean i havent tried hard.

It also dosent mean i havent used advanced techniques. All of my cars are A/B top to bottom, with only the rimz being somthing nicked off a different picture.

I feel that using true creativity by A/B ur own bodykit from scratch, takes a hell of a lot more skill then finding a picture, cutting it up and sticking it onto your own picture. I do not mean to disrespect anyone beginning with PhotoChopping or those that do use other pics, all im saying is dont be so quick to judge a Ricey entry as being "not as skilled".
Old 04-26-2004, 11:10 AM   #19
rickysals
Super Moderator

I know what u are saying boris, and agree...

i think they are talking about sometimes when there have been entries that have placed high because they found the weirdest wing, rims, and put the brightest color on they could find and that would be it... and it would beat your airbrushed car because yours may look a bit more down to earth, but we both know yours had more work done to it,
Old 04-27-2004, 04:58 AM   #20
krazyboris
PSC NOOB

krazyboris is an unknown quantity at this point

You make quite the diplomat Rick, and thank you for your oppinion, i have taken that into account.