Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > MEMBERS FORUM > MEMBERS RIDE'S

Notices

MEMBERS RIDE'S Post pics of your ride in this forum.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #1
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

HAZARD is on a distinguished road
Default my 1.8T jetta

i figured it was about time for me to post up my car. its a 2002 1.8T jetta, some of this stuff i have just isnt on the cars right now, just waiting for time to get them on

Exterior
JOM Badgeless Grill
Notch Filler (getting welded/blended this spring/summer)
Joey Modded Headlights
Carbon Fiber Stubby Antenna
Day Time Running Lights Removed
Center Bumper Vent Trim Ring (cleans the front end while exposing my FMIC)
Blacked Out Fender Markers
Blacked Out Bumper Markers
Blacked Out Tails
18x7.5 OZ Aristos
FK Streetline Coilovers
16mm BFI Wheel Spacers
25mm H&R Wheel Spacers

Interior
Euro Switch
42DD LED Interior Lighting Kit (white)
Monsoon Sound System
VDO Boost gauge
LED Lit Glovebox (white)
LED Lit Foot Wells (white)
LED Lit Trunk (white)

Performance
Revo Stage 1 Tune
2.5" Stainless Steel APR Turboback
Neuspeed P-Flow SRI
Neuspeed Pancake Pipe Replacement
Forge 007 DV
Forge FMIC (with DV relocation)
ECS Big Brake Kit
on to the pics

BFI stress bar

Forge FMIC install with new pancake pipe

OZ Aristos (mocked up still got the snows on)

Forge 007

Neuspeed P-Flow

Badgeless Grill/Joey Modded lights

Schroth Harness (i race autox)

APR TBE with 3" tips

thats just a few of the pics i have too many to post up right now. i have a bilstein set of struts/shocks on the way with H&R springs for a 2" drop, as well as a snow performance stage 2 water/meth kit, and im in the process of fiber glassing a custom gauge pod for a new south performance perfect match led boost gauge.

Last edited by Mike Minnillo; 06-24-2010 at 01:10 AM.
HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
mad::matt
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

mad::matt is an unknown quantity at this point

Worst.
Harness.

EVER.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

oh way man, those harnesses are amazing, i dont have it anymore though, i changed to a schroth quick fit. i rewired that autocontrol harness though, it was set up on a toggle switch as well as the g-force motion sensor, i would leave it locked all the time unless i needed to reach sometime, click the switch on lean forward, lock it back up and good to go. also better than anyother harness out there, all of their harnesses mount to stock force rated locations (seatbelt mounts), the tail straps unhook if you need to use the back seat, you can still you the stock seat belt, and they have the ASM which will stop your spine from compressing in a crash. they are the only company in the world to run the ASM.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

day time FMIC installed, i know its a little crooked but thats how the core sits because of how it routes the piping

Old 03-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

Mike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is Eurotastic
Send a message via AIM to Mike Minnillo

a few questions. first, with running autox, are you still on stock sway bars? because on the MKIV chassis, a beefier RSB is about the single best handling mod you can do. also, while the BFI rear bar is nice (i used to have one myself), i bumped up to the yarrowsport (or whatever company theyre marketed under now). it ads bracing a bit lower in the body, where its needed more. not as big of an issue for you, as the jetta is a bit more rigid in the rear than the golf body.
Mike Minnillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

im on stock sways now i used to be on neuspeed rsb, i decided this winter to give up autox and go low and slow. as fun as autox is, i love it. im building another car to race instead that it much much better than a mk4. the BFI bar wasnt there for support, jettas have the rear self which ties the body together. the BFI bar was there because i used it as a camera mount for running video, thats what the little plate on it is. at this point im bouncing back between exterior and performance mods, interior will come a little later, this is going to end up being a DD show car, its already my DD. next thing on the list for the exterior is buying a cheap set of coils (racelands) just to sit low til i get enough saved up to run some bags, im shaving my trunk this spring/summer and ill be either running a custom molded/shaved GLi front end or doing an R32 front end swap, both will have custom bosers for the aggressive look, as well as shaving the doors. a friend of mine does body work so its just an issue of timing and getting a little cash together to do it.

my new autox car is a 2.3L focus with a 5speed. everyone gives me s*** about it but what most people dont know is the focus suspension is set up perfect for corners, its already very very light and the ford WRC suspension is based off it. as much as i loath ford is makes a good race car. currently it have kyb axg shocks/struts and ebiach springs dropping it 2 inches, svt front end, pro dtm skirts, zen rear, 16" rims on wrapped in general exclaim uph's, cosworth intake mani, custom race headers and custom 3" exhaust, gt2871 turbo, custom intercooler set up, mustang TB, custom hand made tune, custom built intake (true race short ram with dual intake tubes) massive weight reductions, vf motor mounts, fsb and rsb, stage 2 forced induction cams, one race seat and one crow harness, custom built harness bar. pretty much the works. crazy fast little car but UGLY as sin, who cares when its only on a track though, goal is to have it running road races too.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

Mike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is Eurotastic

is the focus a hatch or sedan? and are you running SCCA or NASA autox? what class?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #8
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

its a sedan, and i run a local club that runs SCCA rules and stuff, well they were dropping me in es street prepared, but idk what class ill be in now because of the turbo and such and the fact that it wont be street legal and we will be towing it in, i dont know the classes very well. the local club that hosts the event will just look over your car put you in a class do a test run and adjust classes from there. i dont compete for the points or anything its mostly just for fun and something to do and push myself and the car,
Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

put on some new tires, got her all cleaned up and ready for summer, just waiting on a few parts to sell to pick up some coils and have low status, show season starts soon, as soon as i get my coils on and tint ill be good to go

Old 03-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #10
mad::matt
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

mad::matt is an unknown quantity at this point

Aye get some coilies sorted! Looks like the wheels have had an argument with the arches at the moment.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

working on coils, ill have them as soon as i get my stock SMIC set up sold. i bought the rims used so i didnt care that they had curbing and such. those are $2000 rims new, $1200 used, and i got them for $275 so i didnt care, im going to finish them anyway. im throwing on 15mm spacers in the front and 25mm spacers in the back to get a little poke/stance off it when i toss on my coils. id polish my lenses too but im going to do projector retro fits so its not really worth the time. im pretty happy with how quick it is so other than a water/meth/nitro meth injection system and a 110oct race file im not going to worry about the engine for a while, and im going to work on the exterior: shaving it (mainly the rubs, and filling the handle pockets, leaving the door handles), havent decided to go with the OEM vortex front that was an option for you guys over seas or if im going with an .:R32 front end, both with a boser will look really nice, obv dropping it, cheap coils (racelands/rokkors) for now til i have enough to go with bags, vortex side skirts, vortex rear bumper. im going to see, not 100% sure it will work, but possibly try to custom fit/mold a 25th ae gti lip to a stock jetta bumper. interior will get a full make over: custom headliner, pillars door cards etc, r32 wheel, those super sexy amazing 4 motion bora r memory foam seats you have, and a few other touches. i need to get my hands on a euro trunk lid too, or at least the euro plate tub to weld/graft into mine
Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
WildmanProductions
I Love Mike

WildmanProductions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WildmanProductions

I hope you dont mind me whoring your thread but my buddy has a 1.8 the same color as yours and I just had to share lol

Old 03-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #13
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

haha its cool, looks like he has some twist reps on there with a little stretch and poke on the tires i getting ready this week to polish the valve cover or at least shaved the engine cover and paint it, and a few other small things this week that people wont notice but it will clean the car up
Old 03-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

well i got a new TIP in today, and im picking up coilovers on thursday
Old 03-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #15
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

well i picked up the coil overs today still hunting down spacers so my tires dont rub on the coils

examples of these coils on other cars, you think they go low enough

ps none of these cars are all the way down
Old 03-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #16
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

what coils are those?
Old 03-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #17
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

racelands, they are a budget coil but are pretty good quality. ALOT of VW people run them because they go really low, alot lower than konis and bilstiens. i dont care about dampening i just want low as possible so these were a perfect choice i got them for $300 here are pictures of them after the unboxing. at first i was a little worried about them being $350 coils and not $1000 coils, but after reading for hours on the vortex and seeing what well known people on there had to say and everyone says they are good and work awesome so i picked up a set. i will need spacers to clear my rims if i drop anymore than 1.5 though which i am im going to run 8mm in the front and 12mm in the back

Old 03-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #18
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

well i just picked up some spacers hopefully they will be here soon so i can put my coilovers on

got a set of 5mm for the fronts

and a set of 12mm for the rears
Old 03-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #19
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

yes, im quite familiar with raceland. ive had them on my car since october. just a word of advice: dont raise them real high (like i did for winter). it beats the hell out of various bushings, and causes lots of creaks and clunks.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
HAZARD
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

oh i wont, prob just at a 2 inch over stock height maybe a 1.5 inch over stock