Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL DISCUSSION

Notices

GENERAL DISCUSSION Anything goes here. Just spark up a thread!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #21
speedjunkie
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

speedjunkie is on a distinguished road

I'm nowhere near veteran level but i've been lingering. Problem is, I've lost faith in myself.

My chops aren't really that good and compared to the newbies that have been coming on recently, It's embaressing.

Though I do have plenty of time ATM

I may be a little crazy and say random things, but do you think i care?
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #22
kas
PSC MEMBER

kas is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to kas

I guess i've been around for a while, although i don't really have time to chop anything anymore what with working and freelancing and all that other life stuff. I still check the site once in a while to look at what you guys are doing though.
kas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #23
Reckoner

Reckoner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Reckoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDavinci View Post
I guess I am not a PSC veteran having only been here about 2 years but feel that within the current crop of active members I may now be considered somewhat of a senior. I too have felt the need to break away from this for a while and took a brief hiatus for a few months. It really consumes a lot of time especially the more advanced you get. As most have pointed out, the attrition rate here is either linked to burnout, lack of interest or leaving to take up residence on one of the other Chop site forums. Whatever the case may be, it basically boils down to the cycle of life. Everything changes eventually. Its cool however to hear from old friends, regardless if they are still chopping or not. So by all means guys, if your still checking in, drop a post once in a while.
Which gives me an idea i'll throw out as a possible consideration for the update to the site we keep hearing about, if/when it happens. How about a section devoted to old chops? I know from time to time i'll dig back into an old thread or do a search on a particular older member in an attempt to revisit some of their work, only to find that the pics are no longer available. This is sad because we have had some fabulous chop artists come and go and so maybe having the means of archiving this work or making the section available for the guys to come back on and repost some of their work would be cool, especially since many of the newer members are unaware of these people and the caliber of work they did back in the day.
What do ya'll think?
Yeah I completely agree. What I've also noticed is that a lot of the newer members are all completely new to photoshop or chopping cars. I was fortunate enough to be around when guys like cloud, gsx something or other, roobi and people like that were still posting their chops here. I've also seen some chops by legends who don't exist anymore like 180sxc etc. IMO the standard is getting a little lower I mean even I don't really care about my chops anymore and when I started out here everyone helped me out SO much! It's kinda sad to see this forum die. I tried to do my bit by posting one or 2 more chops but i had like 3 or 4 comments! In the old days my topics used to be 2 or 3 pages long!
I still visit just about everyday but I don't really think it's necessary to post here anymore.

One thing that really pisses me off are these noobs here. They add me on MSN and never talk unless they want me to help hem with a chop and then I get no time to chat with anyone else coz they just bombard me with files and question and ****!

Anyway my rant is over now.

Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #24
PSDavinci
PSC 2000 POST MEMBER

PSDavinci is on a distinguished road

^
Speed: You just gotta keep at it bro. As Reckoner points out, most noobs now suffer from a real lack of basic PS skills. Many attempt to jump into chopping with little or no experience what-so-ever. It may not be a necessary requirement to have a certain level of proficiency but it definitely makes a difference and could very well be what you are referring to in terms of some new members developing much quicker.
Get out there and bone up on the basics. At PSC we dont really focus on entry level education. Theres a gazillion other sites on the net thats designed for that. Of course we dont mind helping anyone regardless of thier knowledge and/or experience but truthfully most advanced users dont like to be bothered with explaining simple procedures or how to use tools.
"Keep the faith bro" .

Kas:
I think I remember you were pretty good at tooning.
Get a chance, throw one together for us bro !
Old 06-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #25
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Carty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total Badass

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to Carty Send a message via Skype™ to Carty

I think the biggest problem would have to be.. the better you get, the longer it takes to chop....
back in the day i would spit out chops like once a week.. but then again I was a sophomore in high school and had tons of free time... now my time goes towards the electrolysis of DNA or something haha.. My aston will get finished one day, same with the IS300... I just couldnt begin to say when that will be

Carty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #26
dreamv2.0
3000 AND CLIMBING

dreamv2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dreamv2.0 Send a message via MSN to dreamv2.0

not really into chopping anymore i tried it just never gets finished no inspiration unless its complete concept like flying or something chopping was the best way for me to learn ps though and it worked like a charm now im mostly doing 3d work but the feeling hits me every once in a while maybe one day ill have the inspiration to finish a chop but till then who knows
dreamv2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #27
WhytBoi
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

WhytBoi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to WhytBoi Send a message via Yahoo to WhytBoi

im no where near a veteran, but i still know what you mean, lately things have gotten slow around here and i think its because of all the noobs (possibly including me), but my problem is that all my ideas and insperation came from school, i was, sadly, the BEST at my school, so i at least felt like a veteran, but now, i can see what everybodys talking about....
the standards do start to drop, and everybody is too eager to get as good as some of you guys that they dont understand, or even care, that this stuff takes a really long time to get that good, and some just sign up just to make trouble......
i lately havent even been able to start a chop, but i still try to help by voting or judging chops and such...this site is fun, and i really dont wanna see it go to the trash.........
Old 06-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #28
dcmarx
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

dcmarx is an unknown quantity at this point

i haven't used PS since ... i think version 7.... let me see since when i am a member =)

#13 Contest winner

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rasta &#064; Jul 23 2004, 04:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> you should be honored that i care enough to even quote youre @ss </td></tr></table><div class='signature'>

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blazinking &#064; Aug 16 2004, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
so my bro signed to the threads whats the big frickin deal in this theres like half a dozen ppl that sign up here on a daily bases I cant belive you&#39;d start this whole hell of a mess </td></tr></table><div class='signature'>
roflmao (aint that funny ?)
dcmarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #29
KustomCarBuilder
PSC PRO MEMBER

KustomCarBuilder is on a distinguished road

Im not really a veteran either, but I love this site and I think that in order for it to last is for people to put out worthwhile posts constantly! Lurking is great to learn from others, but if you have good input post! If you don't have time to chop that is one thing, but if you have time to lurk, you have time to post! When I post work of my own, I want as many opinions as I can muster. Don't let this site die guys.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #30
PSDavinci
PSC 2000 POST MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamv2.0 View Post
not really into chopping anymore i tried it just never gets finished no inspiration unless its complete concept like flying or something chopping was the best way for me to learn ps though and it worked like a charm now im mostly doing 3d work but the feeling hits me every once in a while maybe one day ill have the inspiration to finish a chop but till then who knows
Hey dream !
Cool to see you checking in bro.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:17 PM   #31
dreamv2.0
3000 AND CLIMBING

dreamv2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dreamv2.0 Send a message via MSN to dreamv2.0

yeah im still alive
dreamv2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #32
FPM
PSC NOOB

FPM is on a distinguished road

Good God it's been ages since I've done anything chop-related...actually, thats a lie. I had to merge two completely different things for a graphic design class in college, so I slapped a Ford F150 truck bed on a Lambo Gallardo. It came out ok, the sad thing is, though, that my teacher thought it was a run of the mill car. Sad sad day.

How's everyone?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:12 AM   #33
brasher

brasher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to brasher

I'm still around lol.

A lot has changed now, Career is priority number one. I'm taking photo's for a few car magazines these days too so that takes up all my spare time, get to travel to some cool spots too.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:07 AM   #34
PSDavinci
PSC 2000 POST MEMBER

^Haha, yeah bro its cool to see the dancing stormtrooper once again.
Nice to hear you got a decent gig going.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #35
chopperkidd44
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

chopperkidd44 is on a distinguished road

I'll get back on here. let me finish my next chop and let voting go through. lol
Old 09-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #36
KustomCarBuilder
PSC PRO MEMBER

KustomCarBuilder is on a distinguished road

As stated in why so quiet? thread I'm around for a bit I hope
Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 AM   #37
fattie64
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

fattie64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to fattie64

Wow...hey guys!

This thread is making me think about whipping out the PS for one more car chop...I've mostly been doing photography, webdesign, and photomanipulation for the past 4-5 years but car chops sound kinda fun right now...maybe after class.

Quote:
it's not that bad, but did you brush anything?
what has this world come to?
fattie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #38
bilsta
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

bilsta is on a distinguished road

Hey hey, Ace my son! lol, remember me? im kinda a veteran, but not an awesome chopper i spose :P I'm gonna start chopping again, its been about a year but i use to love it ! I remember, Martin Pilksh, Ace obviosuly, Fat goat (he was awesome) and no-one else of by heart, but hope to do some kick *** chops and maybe some help to get back in?

anyway my Msn is billywillkickurass@hotmail.co.uk

bilsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:49 AM   #39
brasher

brasher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to brasher

I'm still alive boys and girls.... true veteran here lol.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #40
crazyrichard
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

crazyrichard is an unknown quantity at this point

Awards Showcase
Forum Encourgement 
Total Awards: 1

me too not been here for ages though

still chopping as whell

some recent work ...

xmas contest with a credit crunch theme :