Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > HOW TO'S > TUTORIALS

Notices

TUTORIALS The best place around to find some good tips and tricks from the members of PSC.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

Mike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is Eurotastic
Send a message via AIM to Mike Minnillo
Default Proper Use of Decals

Recently, there was a chop posted that violated several rules of decal placement. in this guide, i hope to guide new choppers (and slightly more experience, too) about the proper use of using decals. i am NOT going to tell you how to put decals or other graphics on your chop. what i will be discussing is how to correctly select the decals to put on your chop. theres going to be a lot of reading, so grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable.

first, here is the chop that i refered to at the beginning. image is used with permission, of course.

now, we will look at the different problems of decal placement on this chop.

decal vs. car make agreement.

first is the comptech decal. comptech is a company that exclusivly makes parts for honda and acura cars. not nissan. if you, as a chopper, plan on adding decals to your chops, you MUST do research to make sure that the decal you place is for a company that does, in fact, make products for the car. if you are unsure, a very easy way to do this is to do a quick search for the company in question. once you find the company's website, there will usually be a link to a page labeled "product applications", or something similar. if you do not see even the make of the car youre using, then just skip the decal that youre wanting to use.

second and third are issues of brand of decals vs. actual brand of part placements. second being the rays engineering decal. rays engineering is a wheel manufacturer, whereas clearly the wheels on the car are made by BBS. third is the addition of the recaro decal. the chopper also has a sparco decal on the car, and both sparco and recaro are seat manufacturers. the sparco decal is ok, because the artist obviously put sparco seats in the car, but he can get rid of the recaro decal.

lastly is an issue of decal placement vs. actual product application. case in point being the NOS decal. with the way he designed this chop, he were clearly aiming for a track/drift setup of the car. in such a situation, there would be no need for a nitrous oxide system. the only other possible NOS product used in this situation would be a nitrous oxide intercooler spray bar kit, which is clearly not on this car.

so to the newer choppers out there, pay attention to these 3 cases of decal problems; decal vs. car make, decal brand vs. actual installed part brand, and lastly, decal vs. whether or not a product by that company is actually installed at all. if you can make sure all your decals work with the car you have, and can make the decals look real on the car, then youre all set!

for a good set of decals, use this compilation, put together by .:ace:.
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5...tbiggergf9.jpg

happy chopping, everybody!

P.S. this is my first tutorial. let me know what you think.
Mike Minnillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
Reckoner

Reckoner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Reckoner

Cool!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
Moncef
VR > VQ

Moncef is on a distinguished road

Agreed Mike, very nice post. I was almost compelled to do the same thing, but, ehh, ya know..haha..well this will help out many people

>DeviantArt<
Carty is NOT my idol, I am merely a victim of his power as an admin...
Moncef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
WildmanProductions
I Love Mike

WildmanProductions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WildmanProductions

I heard that decals add 50 hp per sticker.

is this true mike?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

Mike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is Eurotastic

after dyno testing, it actually came out to about 43.6 whp per sticker. unfortunately, they all have to be different stickers. duplicates dont add any power.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
elmalfiso15
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

elmalfiso15 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to elmalfiso15

cool that gives Wildman +174.4 HP...how much does the cardboard box give you? it says VTEC
2GB Corsair RAM
elmalfiso15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #7
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

last time i checked, cardboard is 2 whp per square foot, and a vtec badge is about 67 whp. wildman's blazer is starting to push enzo hp. no wonder he needs the wing.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:59 PM   #8
elmalfiso15
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

elmalfiso15 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to elmalfiso15

how about the fart cannons...they must be ultra and the fat chick gives extra downforce to the rear wheels.
2GB Corsair RAM
elmalfiso15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
WildmanProductions
I Love Mike

WildmanProductions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WildmanProductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalfiso15
how about the fart cannons...they must be ultra and the fat chick gives extra downforce to the rear wheels.
fart cannons are 112 hp apeice easily, plus i gots da chromez tailzlightz foo, so thats easily another 19.7 hp and an extra 20 points to my gangster status
Old 04-24-2007, 10:20 PM   #10
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Carty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total Badass

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to Carty Send a message via Skype™ to Carty

i love how elmafiso brings that sig up in every possible situation... way to be a sore winner

Carty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #11
Da Choppa
Banned

Da Choppa is on a distinguished road

im a hard core race fan and sometimes cars put brands on cars like LG when you aren't going to put a TV or computer in a race car, or cola, or nos, you do not need to have the product in the car to advertise it.
but the first two arguments are completely correct
Da Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #12
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

that is what is known as sponsorship. i know this guy is banned, but its a good point to bring up. NOS is now kind of a tricky decal to use because the energy drink and the nitrous system share the same logo.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #13
Moncef
VR > VQ

Moncef is on a distinguished road

How about this?

Eliminate rice, eliminate decals!

Clean bodies FTW!

Moncef

>DeviantArt<
Carty is NOT my idol, I am merely a victim of his power as an admin...
Moncef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

hey, now...ive got decals on my car, and its euro, not rice.