Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > MEMBERS FORUM > INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Notices

INTRODUCE YOURSELF New member here? If so introduce yourself and post a small blurb about yourself.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:00 AM   #1
SCREWDRIVER
PSC NOOB

SCREWDRIVER is on a distinguished road
Default New Fella!

Hey all!! After seeing other people's chops around the internet, Id thought I'd like to give it a try myself. So I picked up the program from a guy from work, and have been tinkering around for a few weeks, trying to figure out what everything does... the tutorials have been helpful... here are a few of my jobs...

08 Sierra

09 F150

Chev S10

Honda Ridgeline

SCREWDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 AM   #2
PatelDesigns
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

PatelDesigns is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PatelDesigns Send a message via MSN to PatelDesigns

RidgeLine looks badasssss!! I'd personally like to see tribal pinstripes instead of the skull paintjob
Old 11-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Dj Twinkles
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

Dj Twinkles is on a distinguished road

Welcome and those will make great wallpapers maybe just add shadows
O|\|1'/ cl4 1337 5#4|| 5!_!|2\/1\/3
ELITE GIMP USER MEMBER
>>>My Blog<<<
Dj Twinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
WhytBoi
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

WhytBoi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to WhytBoi Send a message via Yahoo to WhytBoi

okay, time for the criticizm!!

'08 Sierra
-your paint has a static pattern to it...dont know how you did that, but ive never seen anything like that...so i dont know how to fix that...
-your rear rim is blurry, and your front rim is distorted. try finding donors with the same resolution and angle
-the right side of the truck seems to be floating, according to your reflections... make a selection of the front part of the reflection, then distort to match up to the truck.
-missing shading. even though it might not sound like much (at least not to me) it makes a HUGE difference.

'09 F150
-paint looks better on this one
-rims have a red reflection on them, but nothing red in the picture...try desaturating. also, seems like you used the same rim on the donor for both rims on this truck. matches up nicely here, but wont always be that way.
-a white outline around majority of the truck, try making closer selections, or use the erase tool, set to low % and small size.
-we should be able to see a small part of the front driver side tire under the car.
-reflection doesnt meet up with the truck
-again, missing shadow

Chevy S10
-main thing is that the whole front clip is blurry. try brushing yourself a custom front, or, as said earlier, find a donor with a better resolution
-reflection looks distorted right in front of the rear tire, looks like it bends.
-also, missing shadow

Honda Ridgeline
-by far the best, imo.
-the skull pattern came out nicely, although i too would prefer a trible pinstriping.
-side angles are easier to chop, dont have to worry about getting the angle correct. maybe next time try changing the headlight/taillight or add a mean looking body kit
-you added a shadow!!!! even though it looks like the shadow is on the car...still better than nothing. try making it along where the ground should be, obviously.

if we can see the originals, itll be easier for us to help you out.
also, those background patterns are a nice idea, dont see anything like that much around here.

P.S. woah!!! i didnt notice i typed so much!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #5
SCREWDRIVER
PSC NOOB

SCREWDRIVER is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the C/C!!! Again, this is pretty much all a self taught thing for me, so I'm just picking it up as I go along. I still don't know exactly what some of the tools even do! But I think I've definately come along way from my first chop, and hopefully keep getting better.

Ps, I appreciate that post Whytboi! thanks. Reflections have been causing me some trouble.
SCREWDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:33 AM   #6
WhytBoi
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

WhytBoi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to WhytBoi Send a message via Yahoo to WhytBoi

yeah, unless taking classes, most of us have been teaching ourselves, whether just messing around, or using tutorials..

also, if these chops are in order from oldest to newest, its pretty apparent youve been improving!!!
id say look up a brushing tut. right away, imo, its one of the hardest areas of chopping, so you might want to learn that soon.