KNOPPIX LINUX - NEW v7.7.1 Live on DVD & 8GB USB Flash Drive - Only $9.99 For Sale
This item has been shown 547 times.
KNOPPIX LINUX - NEW v7.7.1 Live on DVD & 8GB USB Flash Drive - Only $9.99:
This sale includes both a DVD and a separate 8GB USB Flash Drive with the Knoppix 7.7.1 System installed onto them.KNOPPIX 7.7.1 Public ReleaseContents
- Version 7.7.1 of KNOPPIX is based on the usual picks from Debian stable (jessie), testing (stretch) and unstable (sid) for newer graphics drivers or desktop software packages. It usesLinux kernel 4.7.9(not affected by the"Dirty Cow Bug") and xorg 7.7 (core 1.18.1) for supporting current computer hardware.
- Kernel Stealth.
- In addition to the 32bit standard kernel, the 64bit version of the same kernel is installed on the DVD edition, supporting systems with more than 4GB of RAM andchrootto 64-bit installations for system rescue tasks. In the DVD version, the bootloader will start the 64bit kernel automatically if a 64bit-capable CPU is detected (if not manually specified otherwise).
- New in 7.7.1:
- Kernel and system software (Debian Jessie+Stretch) updated,
- New, experimental version of 3D window managercompiz 0.9.12.2,
- LXDE (Default)with filemanager PCMANFM 1.2.4,KDE 5.7.4(boot optionknoppix desktop=kde, DVD version only),GNOME 3.22(boot optionknoppix desktop=gnome, DVD version only),
- Wine version 1.9.20 (git)for integration of Windows (TM) based programs,
- qemu-kvm 2.6for (para-)virtualization.
- ADRIANE Audio-Desktop:mpsyt Youtube (TM)-Clientfor console,Orca 3.20.2for compiz,
- electrum 2.6.4for "boot only" CD image inside the "KNOPPIX" directory for computers that can only boot from CD, but not from DVD or USB flash drive,
- Experimental support forUEFI-BootandSecure Bootafter installation on USB flash disk.
- Versioning: If many Knoppix-installed USB flash disks or harddisks are present, the boot system now finds the kernel-matching KNOPPIX overlay automatically -> avoids errors caused by mismatching Kernel/System/Overlay versions.
- The live installerflash-knoppixnow shows a "honest" progress bar by measuring the real space allocation during copy. Also, thesyslinux-supplied master boot record is used instead of ms-sys.
Complete software list:-> DVD (~4000 software packages, over 11GB uncompressed, cloop-compressed to 4.3GB).
Special Feature "Everything 3D""3D Design and 3D printing" is a great field of play for creative persons and makers. Also, many lectures and talks held be Klaus Knopper have touched the topic this year. Because of that, the KNOPPIX DVD version 7.7 features the following popular 3D programs:
- OpenScad- 3D construction without drawing skills
- Slic3r- G-Code printing preparation for 3D models
- Blender*)- extensive 3D modelling and animation program
- Freecad*)- Draw 3D models
*)Because of space considerations, included inside the second overlay imageKNOPPIX/KNOPPIX1ADRIANE