Knoppix Linux 8.6.1 - USB Linux Operating System + Bonus Disc For Sale
This item has been shown 205 times.
Knoppix Linux 8.6.1 - USB Linux Operating System + Bonus Disc:
Knoppix Linux 8.6.1 - USB + Bonus Disk
You also get a Free Bonus CD which has the following items...
Complete Linux Dictionary PDF (1,607 pages)
Ultimate Linux Newbie Guide PDF
Linux quick reference useful commands PDF
Adobe Reader for Linux
Open Office for Linux
and a Ton of Free Linux Wallpapers
Version 8.6.1 Release Date: November 25, 2019
NOTE: This distro comes on a USB Flash Drive. Please ensure that your system has USB 2.0 + ports before ordering. Distro will come on a name brand USB 3.0 drive that is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
What is KNOPPIX®?
KNOPPIX is a compilation of GNU/Linux software, run completely from CD, DVD or flash disk. It automatically detects and supports a wide range of graphics adapters, sound cards, USB devices and other peripheral devices. KNOPPIX can be used as a Linux demo, for training courses , as rescue system or as a platform for commercial software product demos. It is not necessary to install anything on fixed disk. Because of its transparent decompression, up to 2 gigabyes of executable software can be present on a CD, and up to 10GB on a single-layered DVD.
Depending on your choice of CD or DVD, a variety of software packages from the Debian software repositories (www.debian.org) is installed. This version contains at least:
- LXDE as the standard desktop,
- Open Office,
- Chromium and Firefox WWW Browser,
- GNU Image Manipulation Program GIMP,
- MPlayer Multimedia System,
- Internet-access software for (W)LAN, modem, isdn, umts/gprs,
- Tools for data rescue, network analysis and system repair.
The DVD version contains additional software packages for office productivity as well as software development and engineering (various programming languages and development environments), education and gaming.
- Intel/AMD-compatible CPU (i486 and up),
- RAM: at least 200 MB for the graphical desktop. Recommended for working with various office applications: 500MB RAM,
- a bootable CD-ROM/DVD drive (IDE/ATAPI/SATA, Firewire, USB), or USB flash disk,
- a standard SVGA-compatible graphics chipset,
- PS/2 or USB Mouse.
- Can I run Linux and Windows on the same hard drive?
Yes, you just install Linux on a different partition than your Windows partition.
- Can I run Linux before I do a full install.
Most Linux OS's have a "Live" mode. Just insert the CD/DVD and reboot your system. Check the sale details to see if it has a "Live" mode.
- Can I run Windows applications in Linux?
Many Windows applications will run using "Wine" (Windows emulator).
- What do I do if my order arrives damaged?
Report any damages during shipment to us immediately.
- Can I get a discount if I purchase multiple units?
Our BUY IT NOW price is firm. We have great pricing, immediate shipping, and a trustworthy reputation. Our products are priced to move. You have zero risk doing business here. What you see is what you get. We discount shipping for multiple item orders. If you are planning to place a large order, please email us for a shipping quote.
- What if I run into problems installing the software? Drop Us a note and we'll see if we can get you started in the right direction. Additional information is provided on the FREE Tutorial CD.
- What if the CD or DVD appears not to be readable in my computer? First off, if your software came with a DVD, your regular CD drive will not read it. Be sure you are inserting the media into the appropriate drive. DVDs can be read by DVD-ROM drives, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combination Drives, and DVD+/-RW Drives. If it appears that the media is bad, please contact us and we'll send a replacement set out to you ASAP.