VERY HIGHLY RATED: Turrican II by KIXX for Atari ST For Sale
This item has been shown 31 times.
VERY HIGHLY RATED: Turrican II by KIXX for Atari ST:
This is the very highly rated (#25 all-time for Atari ST) game,Turrican II by KIXX/Rainbow Artsfor Atari ST.
It is TESTED and WORKING.
Turrican II: The Final Fight is a platformer/shooter as typically seen on consoles, but designed for home computers from the ground up.
Its plot is - naturally - very simple: an evil mega-robot called The Machine attacks the United Planets Ship Avalon 1, slaughtering all who resist. All - except Bren McGuire, who manages to escape and slips into the experimental Turrican bionic armor. As Turrican, he strives to show The Machine who's the boss.
Unlike other games of its type, this game contains three levels of horizontal shooter action in the spirit of R-Type or the developers' own Katakis. Six large worlds are to be explored, where you are basically free to go everywhere you want, since there is no automatic scrolling and the levels are packed with hidden extra lives and weapons. All those levels are very different: the first one in the rock desert is pretty colorful with parallaxing rainbow background and happy music, while the following worlds get darker and darker.
Turrican can get some different weapons for his arm cannon:
- The bounce weapon which rebounds from surfaces into smaller bouncing balls when powered up;
- The laser, which can shoots beams as large as Turrican himself when maxed out;
- the multiple shot beam, which can shoot up to five beams covering approximately a 90 degree angle.
The Turrican suit weaponry is not limited to the arm cannon however:
- He also can fire a continuous beam, activated by holding the fire button. This beam can be rotated around Turrican, so it is possible to blast things below him in this way;
- Additionally, he can fire power lines by pressing the space bar, resulting in two energy bars as high as the screen going from the Turrican suit to the left and right of the screen, severely damaging enemies in the process;
- If the space bar is pressed when the hero is crouching, the Turrican will morph into a shuriken shape. In this state, it will roll to the left or the right, damaging enemies while being invincible and small bombs can be dropped by pressing the fire button;
- Finally, the most powerful attack, which can only be used one time per life, can be delivered by pressing the fire button and the space bar at the same time. The Turrican suit will morph into a shuriken shape and fly around the screen for several seconds, while firing shots of the different weapons in multiple directions.
店の他のAtari ST のロゴ項目を有する。
We have many vintage Computer items as Buy It Now items in our store.
Just click on view seller's other sales above or visit our store to see them (click on the store icon/link). If you win more than one sale we will ship them together to save on shipping.
* International Buyers – Please Note:
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges.These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costsmight be prior to offerding/buying.
If you buy more than 1 different item please add
each item to your shopping cart and ask/WAIT FOR A COMBINED
SHIPPING INVOICE. Do NOT pay separately even if they are all
free shipping add them to your shopping cart.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS CHECK UNDER SEE ALL
DETAILS. We will still do combined shipping on multiple international orders so
let us know when you are done buying. We will then send a combined shipping
invoice. The USPS International shipping rates have gone up a lot so ask for
combined shipping. This will help.